|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||100s BC 90s BC 80s BC – 70s BC – 60s BC 50s BC 40s BC|
|Years:||79 BC 78 BC 77 BC 76 BC 75 BC 74 BC 73 BC 72 BC 71 BC 70 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
- Spartacus leads the slaves against Rome. His army was eventually defeated, and Spartacus is killed in battle, by Roman legionaries under Marcus Licinius Crassus.
- In Rome, Marcus Aemilius Lepidus becomes the third member of the Second Triumvirate, with Mark Antony and Octavian.
- The city of Tigranakert of Artsakh is built in Armenia.
- Salome Alexandria becomes queen of Judea after her husband dies.
- Hycarnus II becomes the high priest of Jerusalem until 66 BC.
- Pamplona is built in Spain