Kiarostami in 2013
|Died||4 July 2016 (aged 76)|
|Alma mater||University of Tehran|
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, producer|
|Where Is the Friend's Home?, Close-Up, Certified Copy,Taste of Cherry|
|Style||Documentary, spirituality, individualism, poetry and imagery|
Parvin Amir-Gholi (m. 1969–1982)
He was known for making documentaries or short movies. His best known works are the Koker trilogy (1987–94), Close-Up (1990), Taste of Cherry (1997) and The Wind Will Carry Us (1999). In his later works, Certified Copy (2010) and Like Someone in Love.
- Persian pronunciation: [ʔæbˌbɒːse kijɒːɾostæˈmi]
- Panel of critics (14 November 2003). "The world's 40 best directors". London: Guardian Unlimited. Retrieved 23 February 2007.
- Karen Simonian (2002). "Abbas Kiarostami Films Featured at Wexner Center" (PDF). Wexner center for the art. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 July 2007. Retrieved 23 February 2007.
- "2002 Ranking for Film Directors". British Film Institute. 2002. Archived from the original on 13 October 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2007.
- Pulver, Andrew; Dehghan, Saeed Kamali (4 July 2016). "Abbas Kiarostami, Palme d'Or-winning Iranian film-maker, dies aged 76".
Media related to Abbas Kiarostami at Wikimedia Commons