After Hours (album)
After Hours is the seventh studio album by Canadian recording artist The Weeknd. It was released on March 20, 2020, by XO and Republic Records.
|Studio album by|
|Released||March 20, 2020|
|the Weeknd chronology|
|the Weeknd studio albums chronology|
|Singles from After Hours|
The album broke the record for most pre-adds on Apple Music before release, with over one million pre-adds on the streaming service.
Four singles have been released from the album: "Heartless", "Blinding Lights", "In Your Eyes", and "Save Your Tears". The first was released on November 27, 2019, and the second was released two days later. "Heartless" became the singer’s fourth number-one song on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States.
"Blinding Lights" became his fifth U.S. number-one, also breaking the record for most weeks in the top five of the Billboard Hot 100, with 28 weeks there so far. It also broke the record for most weeks at the top of the Hot 100 Airplay chart. It finished as the number-one song of 2020 in the US.
"In Your Eyes" was released as a remix with American recording artist Doja Cat on May 20, 2020. Another remix with saxophonist Kenny G was released October 16, 2020. The album version of the song reached number 16 on the US Hot 100.
"Save Your Tears" was released as the album's fourth single. After a remix of the song with American singer Ariana Grande was released, the song became the sixth US number-one for both artists.
On February 3, 2021, Tesfaye announced a tour for the album, scheduled to begin in Vancouver on January 14, 2022.
However, Tesfaye later revealed that he wanted to do a joint tour for both After Hours and the following album Dawn FM. This would require stadiums and not arenas, with new dates scheduled to begin summer 2022.
- ↑ "The Weeknd – After Hours [Explicit Lyrics] (Target Exclusive, CD)". Target. Archived from the original on May 9, 2020. Retrieved June 8, 2020.
- ↑ "Confirmed: The Weeknd's After Hours surpassed a million pre-adds on Apple Music ahead of release". Music Business Worldwide. 2020-03-20. Archived from the original on 2020-09-17. Retrieved 2020-03-22.
- ↑ "The Weeknd - Heartless". Discogs. Archived from the original on 2022-06-26. Retrieved 2020-03-22.
- ↑ "The Weeknd - Blinding Lights". Discogs. Archived from the original on 2021-03-01. Retrieved 2020-03-22.
- ↑ Haylock, Zoe (2020-09-22). "The Weeknd's 'Blinding Lights' Just Broke a Billboard Record". Vulture. Archived from the original on 2020-11-16. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- ↑ "The Weeknd's 'Blinding Lights' Breaks Record for Most Weeks at No. 1 on Radio Songs Chart". Billboard. Archived from the original on 2020-11-24. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- ↑ "Hot 100 Songs - Year-End". Billboard. Archived from the original on 2020-12-03. Retrieved 2021-02-07.
- ↑ "In Your Eyes Remix feat. Doja Cat (Audio)". YouTube. 2020-05-20. Archived from the original on 2020-11-15. Retrieved 2020-11-15.
- ↑ "The Weeknd Feat. Kenny G (2) - In Your Eyes (Remix)". Discogs. Archived from the original on 2021-03-02. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- ↑ "The Hot 100 Chart". Billboard. Archived from the original on 2020-04-06. Retrieved 2020-11-16.
- ↑ Blanchet, Brenton (2021-05-03). "The Weeknd and Ariana Grande Score No. 1 Hit for "Save Your Tears"". Complex. Archived from the original on 2021-11-23. Retrieved 2021-11-23.
- ↑ "T H E W E E K N D T O U R". T H E W E E K N D. Archived from the original on 2020-01-28. Retrieved 2021-02-03.
- ↑ "Tour". The Weeknd. Archived from the original on 2020-01-28. Retrieved 2022-01-16.
- ↑ The Target and HMV alternate cover features The Weeknd against a black and red background, facing down to his right with a melancholic expression and bandaged face.
- ↑ The After Hours (Remixes) EP cover features The Weeknd against a black background, wearing a black suit with a silver tie, facing straight ahead of him while looking top right with black rimmed sunglasses depicting a thunderstorm in their reflection.