Air Berlin was the second biggest airline in Germany. It was started in 1978. The first flight was in 1979. It became a low-cost carrier in 2002. It joined Oneworld in 2012. On 15 August 2017 Air Berlin stated it was filing for insolvency and on 9 October 2017 announced the end of its own operations by 28 October 2017.
|Fleet size||133 (+3 ordered) |
Air Berlin A330-200 with the current paint job.
An Air Berlin Boeing 737-700 in "Boeing House Colors".
An Air Berlin jet in 1980.
The Air Berlin logo.
Air Berlin cabin
- https://www.airberlin.com/site/affiliate/30jahreJubel/data/swfs/texte-eng-s.swf[permanent dead link]
- "Air Berlin Explained". everything.explained.today.
- "airberlin joins oneworld alliance, but its full potential will not be immediately realised". CAPA - Centre for Aviation.
- WELT, DIE (2017-08-15). "Air Berlin meldet Insolvenz an – Bundesregierung gibt Kredit". DIE WELT. Retrieved 2017-10-28.
- "Please verify your request". www.planespotters.net.