Berlin Tegel Airport
Berlin Tegel Airport (German: Flughafen Berlin-Tegel) (IATA: TXL, ICAO: EDDT) was the main international airport of Berlin, the capital of Germany. It formerly served West Berlin. The airport had the IATA Airport Code TXL. It was referred to as the "Frequent Flyer Airport".
Berlin Tegel Airport
|Operator||Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH|
|Location||Reinickendorf borough, Berlin, Germany|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||122 ft / 37 m|
|Coordinates||52°33′35″N 013°17′16″E / 52.55972°N 13.28778°ECoordinates: 52°33′35″N 013°17′16″E / 52.55972°N 13.28778°E|
Sources: Passenger Traffic, ACI Europe
German AIP at EUROCONTROL
The airport was named after Otto Lilienthal and was the fourth busiest airport in Germany, with 20.5 million passengers in 2017 and about 22 million in 2018. The airport was a hub for Eurowings as well as a base for EasyJet. It is in Tegel, a part of the northern borough of Reinickendorf, 8 km (5.0 mi) northwest of the city centre of Berlin.
The airport had its last flight on 8 November 2020.  Traffic was redirected to the new Berlin Brandenburg Airport until this date. Tegel was decomissioned on 4 May 2021.
- ↑ "Passenger record 2016: 32.9 million passengers at Berlin's airports". Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- ↑ "EAD Basic". Euro Control. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- ↑ "ADV Monthly Traffic Report" (PDF). www.adv.aero (in German). p. 12. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- ↑ routesonline.com – easyJet outlines Berlin Tegel network from Jan 2018 6 December 2017
- ↑ Matthies, Bernd (2020-09-29). "TXL-Schließung am 8. November: Der letzte Flug von Tegel geht mit Air France nach Paris" [Closure on November 8th: The last flight from Tegel is with Air France to Paris]. Der Tagesspiegel (in German). Retrieved 2020-11-02.
- ↑ aerotelegraph.com - "Thats how airlines say Goodbye to Tegel" (German) 8 November 2020
- ↑ rbb24.de - "Airport stays open until November" Archived 2020-11-08 at the Wayback Machine (German) 3 June 2020
- ↑ aerotelegraph.com - "Moving schedule" (German) 1 October 2020
- ↑ rnd.de - "Tegel Airport finally closed" (German) 4 May 2021
- Official website
- Current weather for EDDT at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for TXL at Aviation Safety Network