Ajmer is a city in Rajasthan, India. Ajmer is the headquarters of the Ajmer district. The city was established as "Ajayameru" by a Chahamana ruler, either Ajayaraja I or Ajayaraja II, and served as their capital until the 12th century CE.
|Founded by||Ajayaraja I or Ajayaraja II|
|Named for||Ajayaraja I or Ajayaraja II|
|• Type||Municipal Corporation|
|• Body||Ajmer Municipal Corporation|
|• Mayor||Braj Lata Hada (BJP)|
|• City||55 km2 (21 sq mi)|
|Elevation||480 m (1,570 ft)|
|• Density||9,900/km2 (26,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
305001 to 305023
|Telephone code||0145, +91145|
RJ-36 (Beawar) RJ-42 (Kishangarh)RJ-48 (Kekri)
Ajmer is surrounded by the Aravalli Mountains. Ajmer had been a municipality since 1869. Ajmer has been selected as one of the heritage cities for the HRIDAY and Smart City Mission schemes of the Government of India.
- "Braj Lata Hada of BJP was elected mayor of the Ajmer Muncipa ." Times of India. Retrieved 2021-02-10.
- Har Bilas Sarda 1911, pp. 68-74. sfn error: no target: CITEREFHar_Bilas_Sarda1911 (help)
- R. B. Singh 1964, p. 87. sfn error: no target: CITEREFR._B._Singh1964 (help)
- "Hriday Cities | Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY)". www.hridayindia.in. Archived from the original on 28 September 2018. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "Introduction". Hriday official website. Archived from the original on 26 August 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2015.