In natural language and in cognitive decision-making, alternative is one of two things/(abstract or real objects)/actions which can be chosen. From a specific perspective/(point of view)/goal, alternatives are always equivalent.
In different contexts alternative (or Alternativism) may refer to :
- Alternative rock, a style of rock music
- Alternative algebra, an abstract algebra with alternative multiplication
- Alternative comics, one of several labels applied to a range of comic strips and books
- Alternative comedy, a range of styles used by comedians and writers in the 1980s
- Alternative culture, a variety of subcultures outside or on the fringes of so-called accepted mainstream culture
- Alternative dispute resolution, processes and techniques outside the traditional mainstream of jurisprudence
- Alternative lifestyle, a lifestyle that it is not within the generally perceived cultural norm
- Alternative media, media practices falling outside the mainstreams of corporate communication
- Alternative medicine, methods and practices used in place of, or in addition to, conventional medical treatments
- Alternative society, alternative models for society and social change
- Alternative education, alternatives to traditional education
- Alternative school, a school geared towards students whose needs cannot be met in the traditional school such as underachievers who do not qualify for special education, rather than educational alternatives for all students
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Alternative.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.