Cognitive process resulting in choosing a course of action
Decision making is the mental process that leads to the selection of an action among several alternatives. Every decision making process produces a final choice. The output can be an action or an opinion.
- James Reason (1990). Human Error. Ashgate. ISBN 1840141042.
- Klein G. 1998. Sources of power: how people make decisions. MIT Press. ISBN 978-0-262-61146-6
- Gladwell, Malcolm 2005. Blink: the power of thinking without thinking. Little, Brown: New York. ISBN 0-316-05790-8
- Facione P. and Facione N. 2007. Thinking and reasoning in human decision making. 
- Emotional and Decision Making Lab, Carnegie Mellon, EDM Lab
- The de Borda Institute - Emerson, P J. Beyond the Tyranny of the Majority, a comparison of the more common voting procedures used in both decision making and elections.
- Decision Analysis in Health Care - An online course from George Mason University providing free lectures and tools for decision making in health care.
- DecideBetter! - An online resource to help make better decisions in your everyday lives.