Amar Singh Thapa
Amar Singh Thapa also known as Badakaji Amar Singh Thapa[note 1](Nepali: बडाकाजी अमर सिंह थापा), Budha Kazi Amar Singh Thapa or, Amar Singh Thapa The Elder was the senior commander of Nepal Army in the conquest of Western Provinces. He is often hailed as Living Lion of Nepal and was posthumously awarded with National heroes of Nepal, who often led great battles of conquest and defence for Gurkhas in person.
Amar Singh Thapa
अमर सिंह थापा
|Western Commander of Nepali Army|
|Born||1751 A.D. (1808 B.S.)|
Gosain Kunda, Rasuwa District
|Relations||Surath Singh Thapa (grandson)|
Ripu Mardan Thapa (grandson)
Badal Singh Thapa (grandson)
|Father||Bagh Bhim Singh Thapa|
|Awards||National heroes of Nepal (posthumous)|
|Nickname(s)||Living Lion of Nepal|
Bada Amar Singh
|Battles/wars||Anglo-Nepalese war, reinforced at 2nd Nepalese-Tibetan War|
- Bada Kaaji Amar Singh Thapa was distinguished from Sardar Amar Singh Thapa, PM Bhimsen's father, by terms Bada and Sanu meaning greater and lesser.
- "Nepalese Army | नेपाली सेना". Archived from the original on 2017-12-15. Retrieved 2017-12-02.
- "Cover with the seal of Amar Singh Thapa". Bilder-aus-nepal.de. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "National Heroes / Personalities / Luminaries of Nepal". ImNepal.com. 2011-12-23. Retrieved 2017-11-09.
- Princep 1825, pp. 459–461. sfn error: no target: CITEREFPrincep1825 (help)
- Anon (1816), An account of the war in Nipal; Contained in a Letter from an Officer on the Staff of the Bengal Army. Asiatic journal and monthly miscellany, Vol 1. May, 1816. pp. 425–429.
- Acharya, Baburam (2012), Acharya, Shri Krishna (ed.), Janaral Bhimsen Thapa : Yinko Utthan Tatha Pattan (in Nepali), Kathmandu: Education Book House, p. 228, ISBN 978-9937-2-4174-8
- Hamal, Lakshman B. (1995), Military history of Nepal, Sharda Pustak Mandir
- Fraser, James Baillie (1820), Journal of a tour through part of the snowy range of the Himālā mountains, and to the sources of the rivers Jumna and Ganges, London: Rodwell and Martin
- Pradhan, Kumar L. (2012), Thapa Politics in Nepal: With Special Reference to Bhim Sen Thapa, 1806–1839, New Delhi: Concept Publishing Company, p. 278, ISBN 978-81-8069-813-2
- Prinsep, Henry Thoby (1825), History of the political and military transactions in India during the administration of the Marquess of Hastings, 1813–1823, Vol 1, vol. 1, London: Kingsbury, Parbury & Allen
- Regmi, D.R. (1975), Modern Nepal:Expansion: climax and fall, Firma K.L. Mukhopadhyay, ISBN 978-0-88386-491-3
- Stiller, Ludwig F. (1973), The rise of the House of Gorkha: a study in the unification of Nepal, 1768–1816, Manjusri Publication House, p. 390
- Whelpton, John (1991), Kings, soldiers, and priests: Nepalese politics and the rise of Jang Bahadur Rana, 1830-1857, Manohar Publications, ISBN 978-81-85425-64-1