Akhenaten (first known as Amenhotep IV) was a pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt. He is known for trying to create a monotheistic worship of the Egyptian sun god, Aten and destroying the temples of Amun. His new religion was called Atenism. It was the first known attempt at monotheism in the world. Akhenaten is one of Egypt's most well-known pharaohs.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Akhenaten.|
- Egyptian reconstruction group called Order of the Aten Temple
- Akhenaten and the Hymn to the Aten tripsinegypt.com
- "The City of Akhetaten Archived 2007-03-07 at the Wayback Machine
- A profile discussing his familial relations
- The Great Hymn to the Aten
- A Re-examination of the Long Coregency from the Tomb of Kheruef by Peter Dorman
- The Bible - Book of the Pharaohs
- "Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt at the Time of the Exodus"