Ancient Meitei language
|Ancient Meitei language test of Wikipedia at Wikimedia Incubator|
Ancient Meitei or Old Manipuri was the early form of the present day Meitei language (Manipuri language) and was the national language of Ancient Manipur. The language is as old as the reign of Emperor "Tangja Leela Pakhangba" in Ancient Manipur, right from 1445 BC, and was spoken upto the beginning of the Medieval Manipur.
Official language in
- Ancient Meitei at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
Old Manipuri at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- Primrose, Arthur John (1888). A Manipuri Grammar, Vocabulary, and Phrase Book: To which are Added Some Manipuri Proverbs and Specimens of Manipuri Correspondence. Assam Secretariat Press. p. 1.
- KanglaOnline. "Manipuri is a classical language | KanglaOnline". Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- General references
- Khelchandra Ningthoukhongjam Singh, History Of Old Manipuri Literature https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.466183
- Iboyaima Laithangbam, Banished Manipuri script stages a comeback, September 23, 2017 https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/banished-manipuri-script-stages-a-comeback/article19743482.ece