The arts are a large part of culture, and the word means much more than "art". The arts include visual arts, literary arts (i.e. books and other writings) and performing arts (i.e. music, dance, drama).
"The arts" are usually contrasted with "The sciences".
Visual arts change
Visual arts consist of any art that can be seen. This form of art doesn't change once it has been made.
Conceptual art change
Conceptual Art is art in which the idea is more important than the actual beauty of the object.
Other websites change
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
- Dictionary of the history of ideas — Classification of the arts Archived 2006-10-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Open Directory — Arts Archived 2007-01-26 at the Wayback Machine
- National Endowment for the Arts — USA Archived 2008-11-06 at the Wayback Machine
- Arts Council — England
- Americans for the Arts
- ArtsJournal — Daily Arts News
- Arts — New York Times
- Arts — The Times
- Association of Hispanic Arts (AHA) Archived 2006-01-27 at the Wayback Machine
- History of Art: From Paleolithic Age to Contemporary Art Archived 2020-11-19 at the Wayback Machine