Asia Pacific Democrat Union
The Asia Pacific Democrat Union (APDU), is in international political centre-right, right group of political parties in the Asia Pacific Region. This union is tied and related to the International Democrat Union that is based in Munich ,Germany, the (APDU) Is labelled as a regional union on the International Democrat Union (IDU) Website.
The Asia Pacific Democrat Union aims to provide a place in which political parties that have similar beliefs can exchange there views on matters of policy and interest so that ideas can be shared between party's so that centre-right ideals can be spread and be encouraged all over the world.
This Union currently has 15 members, ranging from Bangladesh to El Salvador, the current chairperson is Ranil Wickramasinghe the former Sri Lankan Prime Minister Serving in this position since 2016. Tenzin Dargyalb Khangsar (Canada) From Tibet serves as vice chairman of the union making him the first person of Tibetan ancestry to represent the organisation. This lead to Controversy with China disagreeing with this Choice due to Tenzin Dargyalb Khangsar (Canada) previously denouncing China's claims on Tibet. BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir (India) has also been chosen as vice chairman and Hassan Latheef (Maldives).
The Asia Pacific Democrat Union (APDU), does not have a separate website but you can email, and there party address currently is Sirikotha 400 Kotte Road, Pita Kotte Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka witch is also the headquarters of the United National Party (UNP).
Current party members and affiliates include a range of party in government and opposition including the Liberal party of Australia, The Republican Party of the United States and even the Kuomintang in Republic of China (Taiwan). A full list of party members can be found Bellow.
|Country||Party||Abbr||Color||Legislative Seats||Total as percentage||Status|
|Lower House||Upper House|
|Australia||Liberal Party||LPA||Blue||61 / 151||29 / 76||36.7%||In government|
|Bangladesh||Nationalist Party||BNP||Blue||7 / 350||Unicameral legislature only||2.00%||In opposition|
|Blue||121 / 338||32 / 105||29.12%||In opposition|
|Republic of China (Taiwan)||Kuomintang||KMT||Blue||35 / 113||Unicameral legislature only||30.97%||In opposition|
|Chile||National Renewal||RN||Blue||19 / 120||8 / 38||17.09%||In government|
|El Salvador||Nationalist Republican Alliance||ARENA||Blue, white and red||35 / 84||Unicameral legislature only||41.67%||In opposition|
|India||Bharatiya Janata Party||BJP||Saffron||303 / 543||92 / 245||53.81%||In government|
|Indonesia||National Awakening Party||PKB||Green||47 / 560||Nonpartisan chamber||8.40%||In government|
|South Korea||People Power Party||PPP||Pink||103 / 300||Unicameral legislature only||34.33%||In opposition|
|Maldives||Democratic Party||MDP||Yellow||65 / 87||Unicameral legislature only||74.71%||In government|
|Mongolia||Democratic Party||AN||Sky blue||9 / 76||Unicameral legislature only||11.84%||In opposition|
|Nepal||Rastriya Prajatantra Party||RPP||Blue||37 / 601||Unicameral legislature only||6.16%||In opposition|
|New Zealand||National Party||Nats||Blue||35 / 120||Unicameral legislature only||26.80%||In opposition|
|Sri Lanka||United National Party||UNP||Green||1 / 225||Unicameral legislature only||47.10%||In opposition|
|United States||Republican Party||R/GOP||Red||199 / 435||53 / 100||47.10%||In government|
- APDU at the UDI site since deleted as seen from June 17, 2010
- Current IDU site
- Story about Tenzin Dargyal Khangsar serving as vice chairman.
- BNP gets Asia Pacific Democrat Union’s full membership
- The US and Australian Alliance in the Asia Pacific, January 31, 2014 (Video)
- Asia Pacific Democrat Union, Campaign Managers’ Meeting 2019
- Hassan Latheef elected as Vice Chairman of APDU
- Asia Pacific Democrat Union Audio explanation for the Blind
- "IDU : International Democrat Union". web.archive.org. June 17, 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2010. Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- iamdesign (February 1, 2018). "Members | International Democrat Union". Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- "A Tibetan Elected to Vice Chair The Asia Pacific Democrat Union". Central Tibetan Administration. April 13, 2019. Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- Correspondent, Staff. "BNP gets Asia Pacific Democrat Union's full membership". Prothomalo. Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- "The US and Australian Alliance in the Asia Pacific - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- Institute of nations (October 17, 2019). "Asia Pacific Democrat Union, Campaign Managers' Meeting 2019".
- "Hassan Latheef elected as Vice Chairman of APDU". One Online. Retrieved November 29, 2020.
- "Asia Pacific Democrat Union - YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved November 29, 2020.