Azerbaijan State Symphony Orchestra
The Hajibeyov Azerbaijan State Symphony Orchestra (Azeri: Hacıbəyov adına Azərbaycan Dövlət Simfonik Orkestri) was formed in 1920, at the request of composer Uzeyir Hajibeyov after whom it was later named. It was one of the first orchestras in the Soviet Union. It is part of the Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Society.
Composers such as Rhené-Baton and Otto Klemperer were invited from abroad to help in establishing and training the orchestra. From 1938 to 1984, Hajibeyov's nephew Niyazi was conducting the orchestra. After his death, the conducting has been performed by "People's Artist" of Azerbaijan, Professor Rauf Abdullayev. The orchestra has toured a number of countries including the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Turkey, and Egypt.
- Uzeyir Hajibeyov (1920–1938)
- Niyazi Hajibeyov (1938–1984)
- Rauf Abdullayev (1984– )
- (in Azerbaijani) Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Society: Azerbaijani State Symphony Orchestra Archived 2007-03-29 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Azerbaijani) Azerbaijan's Primary Orchestra by Nigar Aliyeva and Farah Aliyeva. Musiqi Dunyasi
- (in Azerbaijani) Azərbaycan Dövlət Simfonik Orkestri Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine