Baku Zoo (Azerbaijani: Bakı zooloji parkı) is a state zoo in Baku. It is the oldest zoo in Azerbaijan. When it opened in 1928, it was in Lunacharski Park. In 1942 it was moved to its present location. It belongs to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Azerbaijan and to the Municipality of Baku city. The total area of the zoo is 4.25 hectares (10.5 acres). The zoo is currently home to over 1,200 animals. There are over 160 species. It will soon be replaced by a new zoo near Güzdək on the Absheron Peninsula. The new larger zoo will house the animals in their natural surroundings.
Baku Zoo entrance
|Land area||4.25 ha (10.5 acres)|
|No. of animals||1200|
|No. of species||168|
- Guides, Insight (2020-02-01). Insight Guides Pocket Baku (Travel Guide eBook). Apa Publications (UK) Limited. ISBN 978-1-83905-224-8.
- "Azerbaijan". azerbaijans.com. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- В бакинском зоопарке будет увеличена площадь вольеров для хищников (in Azerbaijani)
- Запарка вокруг зоопарка (in Azerbaijani)
- "New zoo for Baku". The European Azerbaijan Society. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- Media related to Baku Zoo at Wikimedia Commons