Bastille are an English Indie rock band. They started in London in 2010. In February 2013, they released a single called "Pompeii". It was number one in Scotland and Ireland. It reached number two in Italy and the UK. They released their first album, Bad Blood, on 4 March 2013 in the United Kingdom. It went straight to number one in the UK Albums Chart. It was released in the US in September 2013. It reached number eleven in the United States' Billboard 200. It also reached the top ten in Ireland and Australia.
|Origin||London, England, United Kingdom|
Bastille have four members. Daniel Campbell Smith is the main singer. At first he was the only member. He writes all of the band's songs. Chris "Woody" Wood is the drummer. Will Farquarson plays bass, keyboards, and acoustic guitar. Kyle Jonathan Simmons plays keyboards, bass, and percussion. Charlie Barnes has been a touring member since 2015 and plays guitar and keyboards.
Band members Edit
- Dan Smith – lead vocals, piano, keyboards, guitar (2010–present)
- Kyle Simmons – piano, keyboards, backing vocals, bass (2010–present)
- Will Farquarson – guitar, bass, backing vocals, piano, keyboards (2010–present)
- Chris "Woody" Wood – drums, percussion, backing vocals (2010–present)
- Charlie Barnes – guitar, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, backing vocals, percussion, bass (2015–present)
Studio albums Edit
- Bad Blood (2013)
- Wild World (2016)
- Doom Days (2019)
- Give Me the Future (2022)
- "Contact Music – Bastille". 10 September 2015.
- "Bastille - Chart history - Billboard". Archived from the original on 5 July 2016. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "GFK Chart-Track". Archived from the original on 31 October 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Hung, Steffen. "australian-charts.com - Bastille - Bad Blood". Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Bastille's storming success". Retrieved 16 July 2016.