Brandeis University // is an American private research university in Waltham, Massachusetts, 9 miles (14 km) west of Boston. It was founded in 1948 sponsored by the Jewish community. Brandeis was established on the site of the former Middlesex University.
The university is named after Louis Brandeis, the first Jewish Justice of the U.S Supreme Court. In 2015, it had a total enrollment of 5,532 students on its suburban campus spanning over 235 acres (95 hectares). It is a member of Association of American Universities since 1985.
- "Fast Facts". Brandeis University. Retrieved 2008-03-17.
- "Most Expensive Colleges: Brandeis University - BusinessWeek". Businessweek.com. Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "Brandeis University". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-02-20.
- "Boston Area Consortia (Cross Registration) | Office of the University Registrar". www.bu.edu. Retrieved 2016-02-20.
- "The Boston Consortium". www.boston-consortium.org. Archived from the original on 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2016-02-20.