The people of Brussels speak mainly French and Flemish (a type of Dutch). There are lots of other languages spoken as well, because the European Union offices are there and because many thousands of immigrants from all over the world live there.
It is also well known for a style of building known as Art Nouveau.
A lot of tourists visit Brussels for "Manneken Pis".
- "Werkelijke bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2007 / Population de droit par commune au 1 janvier 2007 (.xls)". Archived from the original on 2008-11-23. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "Geografische coördinaten van de gemeenten (.xls)". Archived from the original on 2004-07-23. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- Interactive map of Brussels
- Site of the Brussels-Capital Region
- About the Cartoon Wall Paintings in Brussels Archived 2009-02-14 at the Wayback Machine