- The rams generally weigh up to about 100 pounds (45 kg).
- "A Piebald Mutation in Sheep: And a Suggested Interpretation," Journal of Heredity (1950), Vol. 41, No. 2, pp. 39-40; retrieved 2012-8-19.
- Shaw, Thustan. (1995). The Archaeology of Africa: Food, Metals and Towns, p. 69.
- British Museum. (1908). A guide to the domesticated animals (other than horses) exhibited in the central and north halls of the British Museum (Natural History), p. 21.
- Richardson, Tracey. "Sheep earn their keep at winery," Archived 2013-04-11 at Archive.today Owen Sound Sun Times (Canada). July 17, 2012; retrieved 2012-8-19.
- "Moose on the loose in Northwest Alberta,"[permanent dead link] Global News (Canada). March 11, 2012; retrieved 2012-8-19.