Diaz at a press conference for Knight and Day, July 2010
Cameron Michelle Diaz
August 30, 1972
|Residence||Los Angeles (BHPO), California|
|Years active||1988–1993 (model)|
|Spouse(s)||Benji Madden (m. 2015-present)|
|Relatives||Joel Madden (brother-in-law)|
Nicole Richie (co-sister-in-law)
Cameron Diaz was born in San Diego, California. Her mother, Billie Joann (née Early), is an import-export agent. Her father, Emilio Luis Diaz (1949–2008), worked for the California oil company UNOCAL for more than 20 years as a field gauger. Diaz has an older sister, Chimene. Her father's family were Cubans, and settled in Tampa's Ybor City, later moving to California, where Emilio was born. Her mother has English, German, and Scots-Irish ancestry. Diaz was raised in Long Beach, California.
Diaz has had many notable roles in blockbuster movies including:
- Choo, Christophe (2010-08-17). "Cameron Diaz is home's star owner du jour". Christophechoo.com. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- Cameron Diaz splashes out $10million on sprawling English country home-style mansion in Beverly Hills
- Jess Cohen (March 29, 2018). "Cameron Diaz Says She Is "Actually Retired" After All". Entertainment Weekly.
- "Family ties, Father & mother". People. May 20, 2004. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- FilmReference.com: Cameron Diaz Biography (1972–)
- "YouTube interview about her Spanish-Cuban roots". Youtube.com. 2011-06-28. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "CAMERON DIAZ: A Life Less Ordinary: Interview". Urbancinefile.com.au. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Jenkins, David (January 9, 2003). "Girl, interrupted". The Daily Telegraph. UK. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- "Cameron Diaz: Hollywood crowd-pleaser". BBC News. July 29, 2005. Retrieved January 8, 2014.
- Hawk, Mason (1998). "A Cheap Date With Cameron Diaz". NYRock. Retrieved January 8, 2014.