Shrek 2 is a 2004 animated comedy movie and is the second movie in the Shrek movie series. It was directed by Andrew Adamson, Kelly Asbury and Conrad and stars Mike Myers as Shrek, Eddie Murphy as the Donkey, Cameron Diaz as Fiona, Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots, Julie Andrews as Fiona's mother, Rupert Everett as Prince Charming, John Cleese as Fiona's father and Jennifer Saunders as Fairy Godmother. Like the first movie, this one is a parody of fairy tales. It was followed by Shrek the Third.
|Story by||Andrew Adamson|
by William Steig
|Music by||Harry Gregson-Williams|
|Distributed by||DreamWorks Pictures|
|Box office||$928.7 million|
Singer and songwriter Adam Duritz from Counting Crows said that his band's song, "Accidentally in Love", "fits into the movie because it's the story of people who fall in love who weren't supposed to fall in love." Composer James Horner operated the sound of the score on different levels which James said as "Fun". His score came out as an Eels song into a romantic scene with Shrek and Fiona, or a funny scene with Donkey. George Bruns did not compose the film score with Horner, due to a conflict.
- "Shrek 2". The Numbers. Nash Information Services, LLC. Archived from the original on November 28, 2018. Retrieved February 18, 2021.
- "Shrek 2 (2004)". AFI Catalog of Feature Films. Archived from the original on January 4, 2018. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- "SHREK 2 (U)". British Board of Film Classification. May 26, 2004. Archived from the original on February 7, 2015. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
- The Music of Shrek 2 - Shrek 2 DVD. Retrieved July 8, 2011
- Alex Ben Block, Lucy Autrey Wilson (March 30, 2010). George Lucas's Blockbusting: A Decade-by-Decade Survey of Timeless Movies Including Untold Secrets of Their Financial and Cultural Success. HarperCollins. p. 976. ISBN 0061778893. LCCN 2010279574. OCLC 310398975.