JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., also known as Chase Bank, is a national bank headquartered in Manhattan, New York City. The bank was known as Chase Manhattan Bank until it merged with J.P. Morgan & Co. in 2000. Chase Manhattan Bank was formed by the merger of the Chase National Bank and The Manhattan Company in 1955.
The bank has been headquartered in Columbus, Ohio since its merger with Bank One Corporation in 2004. The bank acquired the deposits and most assets of Washington Mutual. The current CEO of the bank is Jamie Dimon.
Chase offers more than 5,100 branches and 16,000 ATMs nationwide. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has 250,355 employees (as of 2016) and operates in more than 100 countries. JPMorgan Chase & Co. had assets of US$2.49 trillion in 2016.
- The History of JPMorgan Chase & Co (PDF). JPMorgan Chase & Co. 2008. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- "J.P. Morgan Chase & Co". International Directory of Company Histories. St. James Press. 2001. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "History of Our Firm". JPMorgan Chase & Co. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- Tully, Shawn (February 27, 2009). "Will the banks survive?". Fortune Magazine/CNN Money. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- "Citigroup posts 4th straight loss; Merrill loss widens". USA Today. Associated Press. October 16, 2008. Retrieved 2009-12-17.