Chuck Connors (April 10, 1921 – November 10, 1992) was an American actor, and athlete.
|Born||April 10, 1921|
|Died||November 10, 1992 (aged 71)|
|Occupation||actor / sports|
Connors died in 1992 in Los Angeles at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. The cause of death was lung cancer and pneumonia. He was 71 year old.
In his early years he was a basketball and baseball player, playing for teams such as the Boston Celtics. Then he was a baseball player, where he started playing in the minor leagues. In 1949, he debuted at the Los Angeles Dodgers, playing only one match for them. On the Chicago Cubs, he playing 66 games at first base.
Chuck Connors did both low-budget movies and big Hollywood productions. These included South Sea Woman (1953), with Burt Lancaster, and directed by Arthur Lubin, and William Wyler's western, The Big Country (1958), with Gregory Peck.
Among his best performances is the Indian warrior Geronimo, in Geronimo (1962). Other classic movies he was in are Flipper (1963), Captain Nemo and the Underwater City (1969), Soylent Green (1973), with Charlton Heston, and directed by Richard Fleischer, 99 44/100% Dead (1974).
His television career was very successful. he is remembered for playing the role of a widower Lucas McCain, in the ABC series The Rifleman (1958-1962). The Rifleman told the story of a widower and his son who live on a ranch in the Wild West. Connors played the role of Lucas McCain in 168 episodes of the series.
Another of his successes was the western TV series Branded (1965-1966). He played Jason McCord, an army official being falsely accused of cowardice.
He also starred in a crime series Arrest and Trial (1962-1964), as attorney John Egan, and the adventure series Cowboy in Africa (1967-1968).
- The Riflemans Rifle website Archived 2009-05-01 at the Wayback Machine - Riflemans rifle, Chuck Connors
- The Rifleman Chuck Connors Archived 2009-04-13 at the Wayback Machine - The Rifleman Chuck Connors
- Chuck Connors on IMDb
- "Chuck Connors". Find a Grave. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- Basketball-Reference.com Archived 2017-05-19 at the Wayback Machine - career basketball statistics and analysis
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube
- TV Party - Meeting with Brezhnev
- Time Magazine Archived 2011-01-21 at the Wayback Machine - Meeting with Brezhnev
- Chuck Connors at TV.com
- Chuck Connors Archived 2022-03-27 at the Wayback Machine