perimeter of a circle or ellipse
In geometry, circumference is the distance around a closed curve; for example, a circle. It is a special kind of perimeter. The length of the circumference of a circle is often written as , with:
where d is the diameter of the circle.
- "List of Geometry and Trigonometry Symbols". Math Vault. 2020-04-17. Retrieved 2020-09-24.
- Weisstein, Eric W. "Circle". mathworld.wolfram.com. Retrieved 2020-09-24.
- "Radius, diameter, & circumference | Circles (article)". Khan Academy. Retrieved 2020-09-24.
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: circumference.|
- Numericana - Circumference of an ellipse
- Circumference of a circle With interactive applet and animation