|Medium||Stainless steel sculpture|
|Dimensions||10 m × 13 m × 20 m (33 ft × 42 ft × 66 ft)|
|Location||Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois, United States|
Constructed between 2004 and 2006, the sculpture is nicknamed the Bean because of its shape. Made up of 168 stainless steel plates welded together, its highly polished exterior has no visible seams. It measures 33 by 66 by 42 feet (10 by 20 by 13 m), and weighs 110 short tons (100 t; 98 long tons).
Kapoor's design was inspired by liquid mercury.
Other websites Edit
- Cloud Gate on Anish Kapoor's website
- City of Chicago Millennium Park
- Millennium Park map Archived 2017-07-11 at the Wayback Machine
- City of Chicago Loop Community Map
- Cloud Gate at Millennium Park, City of Chicago Archived 2018-02-11 at the Wayback Machine – Images and description of Kapoor's public sculpture