The cornea is the front part of the eye. It is the clear transparent section of the eye. The cornea covers the iris, pupil, and the eye chamber. It is a special form of tissue. The cornea is clear and has no blood vessels. It has nerves, but with no myelin sheaths on them.
|Part of||Front of eye|
Dua's layer is a newly discovered layer of the cornea. It was described in June 2013. It is the sixth layer of the cornea to be discovered. Despite its thinness, the layer is very strong, and air does not get through it.
- Cassin B. & Solomon S. 1990. Dictionary of eye terminology. Gainsville, Florida: Triad Publishing Company.
- Goldstein, E. Bruce 2007. Sensation & perception (7th ed.). Canada: Thompson Wadsworth.
- Dua H.S. et al 2013. Human corneal anatomy redefined: a novel pre-Descemet's layer (Dua's layer). Ophthalmology. 
- Olson, Samantha 2013. "New cornea layer discovered in human eye: doctors predict safer and simpler eye treatments". Medical Daily. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "New layer of human eye,'Dua's layer', discovered behind cornea". Huffington Post Live Science. Retrieved June 13, 2013.