Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Dance Revolution or Dancing Stage in Europe is a series of video games made by Konami in which players step on arrows on a large pad or mat to match the arrows on screen. The arrows are in time with the music. Because players are moving themselves along to the music, they look like they are dancing. There is a large variety of music.
There is a bar at the top of the screen. If players make mistakes, the bar gets smaller. If players do not make mistakes, the bar grows. The game ends if the player makes too many mistakes.
Players can choose between three levels. They are called light, standard, and heavy. Light is easy and heavy is hard. On some of the newer games, there is a beginner mode, which is very easy, and a challenge mode, which is very hard.
Players are graded by their performance in letters (from lowest to highest, E, D, C, B, A, AA and AAA) based on how well they played the song. The better a player does on a song, the higher their grade is.
From DDR SuperNOVA to later versions, the levels are called beginner, basic, difficult, expert, and challenge.
There is a wide variety of music in Dance Dance Revolution. Most of the songs are created by people at Konami, with some other well-known popular songs included as well. From the first Dance Dance Revolution game up until DDR Extreme, the games had a partnership with Toshiba EMI, a record company which is now part of Virgin Records. This partnership meant that a lot of popular songs from Toshiba EMI's Dancemania series of dance music albums could appear in the games.
If the player gets an "AA" on the last stage in "Expert", "Heavy", or "Challenge", they can play an extra stage. Usually, on the extra stage, the game ends if four mistakes are made. If the player performs well enough on the extra stage, an Encore extra stage is played. In the Encore extra stage, one missed step will cause the game to end.
Other places change
Some educators even believe DDR should be in schools as exercise.
List of games change
Main series change
- Dance Dance Revolution (1998)
- Dance Dance Revolution 2ndMix (1999)
- Dance Dance Revolution Best of School Dancers (1999)
- Dance Dance Revolution 2ndMix with Beatmania IIDX Cluib Version (1999)
- Dance Dance Revolution 2ndMix Link Version
- Dancing Stage featuring True Kiss Destination
- Dance Dance Revolution Karaoke Mix
- Dancing Stage Dreams Come True
- Dance Dance Revolution Karaoke Mix 2nd
- Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix
- Dance Dance Revolution Disney Mix
- DDRMAX: Dance Dance Revolution
- Dance Dance Revolution (2001)
- Dance Dance Revolution 3rdMix
- Dance Dance Revolution 3rdMix 2nd
- DDRMAX 2: Dance Dance Revolution
- "DDR: A Great Exercise Benefit for the Class."