David Hockney OM CH RA (born 9 July 1937) is a British artist. He was born in Bradford, West Riding of Yorkshire. An important contributor to the pop art movement of the 1960s, he is one of the most influential artists of the 20th century. He is openly gay.
Hockney's 1972 work Portrait of an Artist (Pool with Two Figures) sold at auction and broke the world record for a living artist on 15 November 2018 when it sold for $90 million (£70 million) at Christie's auction house New York City.
- Your chance to own an 'exceptional' Hockney
- "David Hockney's Famed Pool Scene Sells for $90.3 M. at Christie's, New Record for Work by Living Artist at Auction". Art News. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "David Hockney painting smashes record for living artist as artwork fetches $90 million at auction". The Telegraph. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "David Hockney painting poised to smash auction records". CNN.com. Retrieved 16 November 2018.
- "Perspective | How record-setting art auctions are ruining the old neighborhood". Washington Post. Washington Post. Retrieved 17 November 2018.