Digital marketing is advertising delivered through digital channels. It is type of marketing that is done online and has a effect on offline business. It is done online, using things like search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with current and potential customers. 
Because computers and cell phones are used more now, marketing has changed. Now businesses are using the Internet to market their product or services. Consumers heavily rely on digital means to research products. For example, Think with Google marketing insights found that 48% of consumers start their inquiries on search engines, while 33% look to brand websites and 26% search within mobile applications.
Digital Marketing is different from traditional marketing. Traditional marketing uses offline channels, while digital marketing uses online channels. A traditional marketing campaign, for example, may use billboards, radio ads, and news stories, while a digital marketing campaign may use social media, blog posts, and email to promote a business and its offerings.
Digital marketing targets a specific segment of the customer base and is interactive. Digital marketing is on the rise and includes search result ads, email ads, and promoted tweets – anything that incorporates marketing with customer feedback or a two-way interaction between the company and customer.
The word "digital marketing" first came in 1990s and first internet ad in 1994. Today, digital marketing has become an essential part of advertising with many institutions offering courses due to this demand.
Digital Marketing ChannelsEdit
- Website Marketing
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Video Marketing
- "Digital Marketing Agency | Sociel media Marketing Company - BOL7". Digital Marketing Company - Best IT Online Marketing Solution. Retrieved 2020-12-29.
- Alexander, Lucy. "The Who, What, Why, & How of Digital Marketing". blog.hubspot.com. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- Barone, Adam. "Digital Marketing". Investopedia. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- Cortes, Jimena. "Council Post: How To Create A Successful Digital Marketing Presence". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- "Digital Marketing". saransaro.com.
- Mahajan, Ankush (2020-03-21). "1990 to 2020: 30 Major Changes in 30 Years of Digital Marketing". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2020-03-27.
- Raso, Andrew. "167 Digital Marketing Stats". www.onlinemarketinggurus.com.au. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "What is Digital Marketing? A Beginner's Guide". Mailchimp. Retrieved 2021-09-13.
- "The History and Evolution of Digital Marketing". Simplilearn.com. 2015-07-09. Retrieved 2020-10-13.
- Wasserman, Todd. "This Is the World's First Banner Ad". Mashable. Retrieved 2020-10-13.