Dmitri Pavlovich Kogan (Russian: Дмитрий Павлович Коган, October 27, 1978 – August 29, 2017) was a Russian violinist and an Honoured Artist of the Russian Federation. He was born in Moscow. He began playing the violin at the age of 6 in the Central Music School of Moscow State P.I. Tchaikovsky Conservatory.
Kogan has been a participant of world festivals of high prestige such as the Corinthian Summer Festival (Austria), Menton Music Festival (France), Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland), Perth Festival (Scotland), and music festivals in Athens, Vilnius, Shanghai, Ogden and Helsinki. He has also participated in the Chereshnevy Les Open-Art Festival, Russian Winter (Russkaya Zima) Festival, Music Kremlin Festival, Andrey Sakharov International Art Festival and many others.
In September 2014 the maestro was an Artistic Director of the First Arctic Classical Music Fest in the Nenets Autonomous Okrug. In September 2014 he was appointed as the Counsellor for Cultural Affairs to the Governor of the Nenets Autonomous Okrug.
- BIOGRAPHY DMITRI KOGAN
- Dmitriy Kogan (Violin soloist)
- The Four Seasons. Dmitri Kogan, Russian Philharmonic
- Dmitri Kogan & Moscow Camerata Chamber Orchestra
- To the 90th anniversary of Leonid Kogan
- Dmitri Kogan / Marianna Vassilieva Two Violins
- Guarneri violin finds Russian virtuoso custodian