Donald Stewart Cherry (born February 5, 1934) is a Canadian former ice hockey commentator. He is also a sports writer, as well as a retired professional hockey player and National Hockey League (NHL) coach.
Don Cherry pictured at the CBC Winter Launch in 2010
February 5, 1934|
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
Vancouver Canucks (WHL)
In 2004, Cherry was voted by viewers as the seventh-greatest Canadian of all-time in the CBC miniseries The Greatest Canadian.
Cherry played one game with the Boston Bruins, and later coached the team for five seasons.
- "Don Cherry: Canadian hockey pundit fired for poppy rant". Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- "The Don Cherry Lexicon". CBC. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Don Stewart Cherry". The Hockey Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2015-09-30.
- "'I don't regret a thing': Don Cherry speaks out on his firing and Ron MacLean | CTV News". www.ctvnews.ca. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database