A dragon is a legendary creature, belonging to mythology and fantasy. There are stories about dragons in Chinese culture, European culture, South American culture, and many others.
There are many kinds of dragons in the different cultures. In general:
- A dragon has none to four legs, claws, scales, spikes or optional wings.
- A dragon can look like a reptile, such as a snake.
- Some dragons can be heard about in stories, (e.g) George and the Dragon.
- The Chinese dragon is associated with the emperor of China. It is the symbol of Chinese Imperial power.
Dragons are in many stories such as How to Train Your Dragon (movie), and Harry Potter. Some stories, such as those by Anne McCaffrey, have dragons who are looking for help, or giving help. A dragon also appears in the Book of Revelation chapters 12-13, where he is seen as the Devil.
- ↑ Ibrahimov, Telman. "CAUCASIAN "DRAGON" CARPETS" (PDF). Azerbaijani National Academy of Sciences: 4 – via academia.edu.[permanent dead link]
- Dragons Across Cultures at Draconika
- Azhdakha is a legendary creature in Bashkir folklore.