musical composition or arrangement for two performers
A duet is a musical composition for two performers, most often used for a vocal or piano duet. For other instruments, the word duo is often used.
The word duet is used in any of the following ways:
- a pair of musicians playing the same musical instrument,
- a pair of musicians playing different instruments,
- the performance of a song by two people,
- a piece of music that can be performed by two people,
- as a general term for any activity done by two people.
- Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. .