Enya (born Eithne Patricia Ní Bhraonáin on 17 May 1961 in Gweedore, County Donegal, Ireland) is an Irish singer. She is famous for hits such as Orinoco Flow (1988) and Anywhere Is (1995). She has also won four Grammy Awards and has become one of the world's most successful female singers. Her vocal range is mezzo-soprano.
|Birth name||Eithne Pádraigín Ní Bhraonáin|
|Born||17 May 1961|
Gweedore, County Donegal, Ireland
She grew up speaking the Irish language, and did not speak English until she attended primary school.
Her first works were soundtracks for The Frog Prince movie by David Puttman and The Celts documentary by BBC.
Enya is very popular and has sold more than 75 million albums worldwide. Her best selling album is A Day Without Rain (2000).
Enya has recorded the following albums:
- Enya (1987)
- Watermark (1988)
- Shepherd Moons (1991)
- The Celts (1992)
- The Memory of Trees (1995)
- Paint the Sky With Stars (1997)
- A Day Without Rain (2000)
- Amarantine (2005)
- And Winter Came (2008)
- Dark Sky Island (2015)
She has also recorded music for the following movie soundtracks:
- The Frog Prince (1985)
- The Celts (1987)
- Far And Away (1992)
- Toys (1992)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
- Tobin, Lee. "About Enya". Enya.com. Archived from the original on 29 March 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Thomas, Stephen (17 May 1961). "Enya". AllMusic. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Enya Career Facts". enya.sk. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- "The Enya.com Discography". discography.enya.com. Retrieved 19 December 2010.