Erkki Juhani Kurenniemi (July 10, 1941 – May 1, 2017) was a Finnish designer, philosopher and artist. He was best known for his electronic music works and the electronic instruments he has designed. He is called as one of the leading early pioneers of electronic music in Finland. Kurenniemi was also a science adviser, a futurologist, a pioneer of media culture, and an experimental film-maker. He was born in Hämeenlinna, Finland.
- Elektronisen musiikin uranuurtaja Erkki Kurenniemi on kuollut. Yleisradio, 1 May, 2017. (in Finnish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Erkki Kurenniemi.|
- Erkki Kurenniemi @ pHinnWeb
- Erkki Kurenniemi — Avantgarden innovaattori – online version of the above article by Tiits (in Finnish)
- Erkki Kurenniemi-Sähkö Recordings Connection (in Finnish)
- YLE Elävä arkisto: DIMI, suomalainen syntetisaattori (in Finnish)
- Documenta 13