Evgeny Tomashevsky, born 1 July 1987 in Saratov, is a Russian chess grandmaster. In 2001 he won the U18 Russian championship in Rybinsk with 9/10 and in 2004 he became second in the U18 World Youth Chess Championship. In 2007 he became second in the Aeroflot Open.
|Full name||Evgeny Tomashevsky|
|Born||Saratov, Russian SFSR, USSR|
|FIDE rating||2738 |
(#15 in the May 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2740 (November 2011)|
In 2009 Tomashevsky won the 10th European Individual Chess Championship after tie-breaks. The decisive match against Vladimir Malakhov went into armageddon, where Malakhov blundered a rook in a winning position.
He was a member of the gold-medal-winning Russian team at the World Team Chess Championship 2009 in Bursa. In 2011, he tied for 1st-3rd with Nikita Vitiugov and Le Quang Liem in the Aeroflot Open.
Tomashevsky's style of play is described as being mostly positional.
- ↑ Russian: Евгений Томашевский
- ↑ a version of blitz chess
- ↑ Crawley, Gavin (2010-01-13). "Bursa: Russia wins Gold, USA Silver, India Bronze". ChessBase. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- ↑ "Aeroflot open 2011 A". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 20 March 2011.
- Final standings of the WYCC2004
- Interview with the European Champion Evgeny Tomashevsky ChessBase.com
- Interview with the European Chess Champion Evgeny Tomashevsky Archived 2017-02-05 at the Wayback Machine Chessdom