People who grow these plants or raise these animals are called farmers. This type of work is called farming.
Many farms are very large and can cause damage. in some places farms are many and small. There are many types of farming. Some people farm to eat the food they produce (subsistence agriculture). Other farms, including large ones, sell their products to many people far away in urban areas (industrial farming). Most subsistence farms are in poorer countries, while industrial farms are in richer countries.
Names of FarmsEdit
- A farm that produces fruits or nuts is called an orchard.
- A farm that produces grapes is called a vineyard.
- A farm that raises and trains horses is called a stable.
- A farm that produces milk and dairy products is called a dairy farm.
- If the animals are raised for meat it is a ranch.
- A large farm that produces non-essential crops like tobacco, coffee, cotton or sugarcane is called a plantation.