Frank Oz (born Richard Frank Oznowicz on May 25, 1944) is an English-American puppeteer, actor, and filmmaker. He is known for his work on The Muppets, Star Wars, and Sesame Street. He also directed some popular films, such as Little Shop of Horrors and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. His most popular puppets are Yoda and Cookie Monster. He played Cookie Monster, Bert and Grover on Sesame Street and he did Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, and Sam the Eagle on the Muppets.
Frank Richard Oznowicz
25 May 1944
|Education||Oakland Technical High School|
|Alma mater||Oakland City College|
(m. 1979; div. 2005)
Victoria Labalme (m. 2011)
- Douglas, Edward (August 10, 2007). "Exclusive: A Chat with Frank Oz". ComingSoon.net. Evolve Media, LLC. Archived from the original on May 19, 2018. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- Peterson, Karen; Hauptfuhrer, Fred (9 June 1980). "Yoda Mania". People. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "A Conversation with Frank Oz at the Museum of the Moving Image". Jimhensonlegacy.org. October 25, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- Paquette, Danielle (July 26, 2012). "Frank Oz speaks — but not as Yoda or Miss Piggy". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- "Interview with Frank Oz". IGN.