Maltese LGBT rights activist
|International Women of Courage Award|
International Women of Courage Awards, March 8, 2012. Maryam Durani, Pricilla de Oliveira Azevedo, Zin Mar Aung, Michelle Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Jineth Bedoya Lima, Hana Elhebshi, Şafak Pavey.
|Presented by||United States Department of State|
|Location||Washington, D. C.|
|Official website||Secretary's International Women of Courage Award|
In 2010, Calleja became head of the Malta Gay Rights Movement. In 2014, she became co-chair of the Executive Board of ILGA Europe, a lesbian and gay group that works for human rights. In 2014 she worked for changes in Danish law.
- "Straight talking on gay rights". Times of Malta.
- "Latest Embassy News and Recent Events - Embassy of the United States Valletta, Malta". usembassy.gov.
- "Gabi Calleja, Malta". EIGE.
- "Indifferent strokes - Gabi Calleja". MaltaToday.com.mt.
- "Thousands march in Cyprus' first gay pride, seeking equal rights". Reuters.
- "ILGA-Europe". ilga-europe.org.
- "Denmark allows gender change without forced sterilization". rt.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to International Women of Courage Award.|