Gabriel Caruana (7 April 1929 – 16 July 2018) was a Maltese artist. He worked in ceramics. He studied at the Malta School of Art (1953–59). He exhibited internationally, including a group exhibit by Maltese artists at Hunter College in 1996. Caruana was a pioneer of modern art in Malta, drawing inspiration from popular art traditions and the architecture of the Island.
|Born||7 April 1929|
|Died||16 July 2018 (aged 89)|
|Education||Malta Government School of Art|
|Known for||Sculpture, ceramics, painting|
|Neolithic Doorway, 1975|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Rose Buttigieg|
- England, Richard (2001). Gabriel Caruana: A Bank of Valletta Exhibition. Malta: Bank of Valletta plc. pp. 1–3. ISBN 99909-987-8-7.
- Artist Gabriel Caruana passes away aged 89: Times of Malta
- Gabriel Caruana: Official site
- Victor P. Debattista: Gabriel Caruana
- About Malta: Gabriel Caruana
- Bank of Valletta: Exhibitions Archived 2006-07-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Gabriel Caruana: Exhibitions