Canadian ice hockey player
Gilles Villemure (born May 30, 1940, in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada) is a retired Canadian professional ice hockey goaltender. He played for the New York Rangers and Chicago Black Hawks in the 1960s and 1970s.
Villemure in 1976
May 30, 1940|
Trois-Rivières, QC, CAN
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Weight||170 lb (77 kg; 12 st 2 lb)|
New York Rangers
Chicago Black Hawks
- Shared the Vezina Trophy in 1971 with Eddie Giacomin.
- Named to play in the NHL All-Star Game in 1971, 1972 and 1973.
- Won the AHL Hap Holmes Memorial Award (fewest goals against) and named First Team All-Star in 1969 and 1970.
- Won the AHL's Les Cunningham Award for most valuable player in 1969 and 1970.
- Won Rookie of the Year honors and named Second Team All-Star in the WHL in 1963.
- Named to the WHL's First All-Star Team in 1966.
- Named to the AHL's Second All-Star Team in 1967.