Glenn Edward Lee Beck (born February 10, 1964) is an American conservative radio and television show host. He was born in Everett, Washington. His television show, The Glenn Beck Program, has been played on Fox News Channel and on CNN's Headline News. However, in April 2011, the Fox News Channel said it would stop showing Beck's show later that year. The show was cancelled in June 2011 and was replaced by The Five. He now has an online site called TheBlaze (it was called GBTV) where he does shows that people can pay to see.
Over 9 million people listen to his radio show every day. Usually, between 2 and 3 million people watch his television show every day. He has written nine books. Also, he sometimes tells his audience about books he thinks they should read. Several books that Beck recommended became the most popular book on Amazon.com.
Beck has been addicted to drugs and alcohol. He has attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. On November 10, 2014, Beck announced on TheBlaze that he had been suffering from a severe neurological disorder for at least the last five years.
- Gelles, David (April 6, 2011). "FT.com / Media - Beck to end controversial Fox News show". ft.com. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Rush Limbaugh tops talk radio rankings as usual, Glenn Beck moves up
- Harris, Paul (July 13, 2010). "Glenn Beck puts his conspiracy theories into new novel The Overton Window | Media | The Observer". The Guardian. London: GMG. ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Feldman, Linda (April 6, 2011). "Why is Glenn Beck leaving his Fox News show? - CSMonitor.com". csmonitor.com. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Miller, Lisa (September 25, 2011). "Glenn Beck, Mormons, and the Religious Right - Newsweek". newsweek.com. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- About Beck
- "Glenn Beck's dramatic revelation he's been diagnosed with a mysterious brain illness". National Post.com. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
Media related to Glenn Beck at Wikimedia Commons