Conservatives in the United States
Conservatives in the United States support American traditions, Christianity, republicanism, businesses, anti-communism, American exceptionalism (the US is unique and special). They think America's enemies are socialism and authoritarianism.
Conservative thinkers and leadersEdit
Below is a list of people considered "conservative".
Only a few politicians in the 19th century called themselves "conservative" but later scholars sometimes say the Federalist Party was conservative.
- The Heritage Foundation, generally considered world's most influential conservative think tank.
- ReaganConservatives.us, promoting traditional conservative beliefs in politics and faith.
- Project for a New American Century, neoconservative think tank.
- National Review magazine, influential conservative political magazine.
- Townhall.com, conservative news, information, and commentary.
- Chronicles magazine.
- The American Conservative magazine.
- "The Leadership Institute".
- "The Origins of the Modern American Conservative Movement," Heritage Foundation.
- "Conservative Predominance in the U.S.: A Moment or an Era?", 21 experts from the U.S. and abroad, ponder the future of conservatism.
- Dictionary of the History of Ideas: Conservatism at the University of Virginia.