Rush Hudson Limbaugh III (//, LIM-baw; born January 12, 1951) is an American conservative radio talk show host and writer. He is the host of The Rush Limbaugh show where callers can call in and express their opinion. His views have been said to be sexist and racist, generating much controversy. The 2015 documentary The Brainwashing Of My Dad discusses how his program can radicalize people into sharing such views.
Rush Limbaugh during the 2020 State of the Union Address in February
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III
January 12, 1951
|Alma mater||Southeast Missouri State University (did not graduate)|
|Occupation||Radio host, political commentator, author, television host (former)|
|Spouse(s)||Roxy Maxine McNeely (1977–1980, divorced)|
Michelle Sixta (1983–1990, divorced)
Marta Fitzgerald (1994–2004, divorced)
Kathryn Rogers (2010–present)
In the 1990s, Limbaugh's books The Way Things Ought to Be (1992) and See, I Told You So (1993) made The New York Times Best Seller list.
He is one of the most highly paid people in the US media.
- "CAUGHT ON TAPE: Limbaugh's 70 Sexist Smears - ThinkProgress".
- "Rush Limbaugh's sexist rants". SocialistWorker.org.
- "Rush Limbaugh's Sexist Comment Against Danica Patrick: 'What Do You Expect From A Woman Driver?'".
- "Rush Limbaugh's Decades Of Sexism And Misogyny". Media Matters for America. 5 March 2012.
- "Top 10 Racist Limbaugh Quotes". 16 July 2010.
- Yamato, Jen (2015-07-31). "How Fox News Made My Dad Crazy". Retrieved 2019-12-22.
- Gorman, Steve (February 3, 2020). "Radio host Rush Limbaugh announces lung cancer diagnosis on air". Reuters. Retrieved February 3, 2020.
- Collins, Kaitlan (February 4, 2020). "Trump says he will award Rush Limbaugh with Medal of Freedom". CNN. Archived from the original on February 5, 2020. Retrieved February 4, 2020.