The Cable News Network (CNN) is an American cable news television channel. It was founded in 1980 by Ted Turner. The Cable News Network first aired on television on June 1, 1980. The Cable News Network's first newscast was anchored (hosted) by David Walker and his wife Lois Hart. In its first year CNN hired many political analysts, including Rowland Evans and Robert Novak. On January 1, 1982 CNN launched a 24-hour sister newscast channel with no talk shows or commentary shows called CNN2. CNN broadcasts programs from its headquarters at the CNN Center in Atlanta, or from the Deutsche Bank Center in New York City, or from studios in Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles. CNN is owned by Warner Bros. Discovery, and the U.S. news channel is a part of the CNN Global.
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
(downscaled to letterboxed 480i for the SDTV feed)
(Warner Bros. Discovery)
|Launched||June 1, 1980|
|Available on every US cable provider||Channel slots vary on each operator|
|Bell Satellite TV (Canada)|
|Shaw Direct (Canada)|
Channel 1702 (HD)
|Tata Play (India)||Channel 631 (HD)|
|Bell Fibe TV (Canada)|
|Google Fiber||Channel 101|
|VMedia (Canada)||Channel 33 (HD)|
|Hulu with Live TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV|
|Sirius XM||Channel 115|
CNN has been criticized by the right-wing Media Research Center for having a left-wing bias. According to that same Center, it is less to the left than the news divisions of ABC, NBC, and CBS. It has been criticized by Arabs for having a pro-American bias.
Related pages change
- "The World's Most Trusted Name in News". warnermediamarketing.com. Retrieved January 11, 2021.
- "Channel List - Tata Sky" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on January 17, 2021. Retrieved November 16, 2020.
- Reese Schonfeld Bio. Archived 2008-05-13 at the Wayback Machine (January 29, 2001) MeAndTed.com. Retrieved 2007-06-18.
- Charles Bierbauer, CNN senior Washington correspondent, discusses his 19-year career at CNN. (May 8, 2000). CNN.com. Retrieved 2007-06-18.
- "CNN's first broadcast: June 1, 1980". Retrieved 2022-03-23.
- "The Telegraph - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2022-03-23.
- "Star-News - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2022-03-23.
- Turner, Ted; Burke, Bill (2008). Call Me Ted. Grand Central Publishing. p. 126. ISBN 978-0-446-54336-1.
- "St. Petersburg Times - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2022-03-23.
- Limbaugh, David. "Clinton News Network". Townhall. Archived from the original on 2019-07-11. Retrieved 2019-02-11.
- Matt Hadro (2013-03-08). "'Clinton News Network': CNN Promotes Clinton's 'Surprising' Pro-Gay Marriage Op-Ed". Media Research Center. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
- Anonymous (7 August 2001). "CyberAlert -- 08/07/2001 -- "Dazzled" by "Candid" Clinton". Media Research Center. Archived from the original on 1 May 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- http://jpupdates.com/2014/08/02/pro-palestinians-protest-outside-cnn-studios-bias-pro-israel-coverage-video/[permanent dead link]