political ideologies supporting social equality and egalitarianism
(Redirected from Left-wing)
In politics, left-wing is a position that supports social equality and egalitarianism.
What a person means by left-wing depends on where the person lives.
- In Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand left-wing politics is often associated with social democracy and democratic socialism.
- Human rights
- Social equality
- Labor rights / workers' rights
- Buhle, Mari Jo; Buhle, Paul; Georgakas, Dan (1998). Encyclopedia of the American Left. Oxford University Press, USA. ISBN 978-0-19-512088-2.
- Lin Chun, The British New Left, Edinburgh : Edinburgh Univ. Press, 1993
- Eley, Geoff (2002). Forging Democracy: The History of the Left in Europe, 1850-2000. Oxford University Press, USA. ISBN 0-19-504479-7.
- Marxism on Terrorism Archived 2012-07-20 at the Wayback Machine by John Molyneux
- Terrorism and Communism by Karl Kautsky
- Leftism in India Archived 2012-02-22 at the Wayback Machine
- The Marxists Internet Archive (a free online Marxist library)
- Leftist Parties of the World Archived 2019-07-01 at the Wayback Machine List of present-day leftist parties and organizations of the world, with links to their websites.