American broadcast television network
The CW Television Network (commonly referred to as simply The CW) is an American television network that is operated by The CW Network, LLC. It launched at the beginning of the 2006–2007 television season and is a joint venture between Paramount Global's CBS Entertainment Group, the former owner of United Paramount Network (UPN), Warner Bros. Discovery's Warner Bros., former majority owner of The WB Television Network and Nexstar Media Group, the largest affiliation of the network. The "CW" name comes from the first letter of the names of these corporations (CBS and Warner Bros.).
|Type||Free-to-air television network|
|Founded||January 24, 2006|
|Headquarters||Burbank, California, U.S.|
|Owner||Each of 50% owned by:|
|Parent||The CW Network, LLC|
|September 18, 2006|
- ↑ "CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment Form New 5th Broadcast Network" (Press release). The CW Press. January 24, 2006. Archived from the original on October 9, 2014. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- ↑ "CW Network LLC profile". Businessweek. Bloomberg L.P. Archived from the original on October 15, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2012.
- ↑ "Mark Pedowitz Extends CW Deal, Promoted to Network CEO". The Hollywood Reporter. January 10, 2020. Archived from the original on January 10, 2020. Retrieved January 10, 2020.
- Lausch, Kayti Adaire (2013), The niche network: gender, genre, and the CW brand, retrieved January 27, 2017
- Official website (Site only accessible from within the United States)