city which is an important node in the global economy
Global city (or world city) is a city that is widely considered to be an important part of the world economy. Most studies recognise London and New York City as the two most important global cities.
- "The World According to GaWC". GaWC. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "2012 Global Cities Index and Emerging Cities Outlook" (PDF). Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Richard Florida (May 8, 2012). "What Is the World's Most Economically Powerful City?". The Atlantic Monthly Group. Retrieved June 19, 2013.
- "Global Power City Index 2012". Tokyo, Japan: Institute for Urban Strategies at The Mori Memorial Foundation. October, 2012. Cite journal requires
|journal=(help); Check date values in:
- "The Wealth Report 2013". Knight Frank LLP.
- "The Global City Competitiveness Index" (PDF). Managementthinking.eiu.com. 12 March 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Global City.|
- Repository of Links Relating to Urban Places
- The World-System’s City System: A Research Agenda by Jeffrey Kentor and Michael Timberlake of the University of Utah and David Smith of University of California, Irvine
- The State of the World's Cities, 2001, UN Human Settlements Programme