Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer and actress. She has recorded several albums and has received several entertainment industry awards.
Britney Jean Spears
December 2, 1981
McComb, Mississippi, U.S.
Early life change
Britney Jean Spears was born on December 2, 1981. Her parents are Lynne Irene (née Bridges) and James Parnell Spears. She grew up in Kentwood, Louisiana. One of Spears's maternal great-great-grandfathers was Maltese. Her siblings are Bryan James and Jamie Lynn. She was the middle of three children.
She prepared early for a career in entertainment. She took music and dance lessons. She often performed for family and friends.
Personal life change
On September 18, 2004, she married Kevin Federline. The couple have two sons, Sean Preston Spears Federline (born September 14, 2005) and Jayden James Spears Federline (born September 12, 2006). Two months after giving birth to her second son, Spears filed for divorce from Federline. In September 2007, she lost some custody of her sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, to her ex-husband, Federline. At the beginning of January 2008, she lost again the full custody of her children after a mental breakdown. In February 2008, Spears' father took control of her estate. She is currently has 50/50 custody of her two sons.
Her father Jamie has been one of her conservators since 2008. Fans have participated in a movement known as #FreeBritney to raise awareness about Spears' conservatorship arrangement. In 2021, Spears spoke in a courtroom hearing, revealing that she felt controlled by the "abusive" arrangement, in ways such as having an IUD to prevent pregnancy, despite wanting to have another child. She was also sent to a rehab center and was prescribed lithium. Spears also claimed that she did not know she could ask for this conservatorship to be canceled. In July, Spears hired a new lawyer, who filed a petition for Jamie to be removed as a conservator. August of that year, it was revealed that Jamie Spears showed interest in stepping down as one of Britney's conservators.
Spears has been in a relationship with model and fitness coach Sam Asghari since her music video Slumber Party. On April 11, 2022, she announced that she was pregnant with her third child, Asghari's first. A month later, on May 14, the couple announced that Spears had suffered a miscarriage.
Professional life change
Spears appeared on the 1993–1994 season of the children's television series, The All New Mickey Mouse Club. In 1997, she signed with Jive Records. Her first and second studio albums ...Baby One More Time (1999, the best-selling album by a teenage solo artist) and Oops!... I Did It Again (2000) became great successes. Their title tracks broke sales records around the world.
In 2001, Spears released her third album Britney and starred in the profitmaking but critically panned movie, Crossroads. She developed a more sexualized image, dancing in little clothing with an albino python at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards. She took creative control of her fourth album In the Zone (2003). The song "Toxic" was a huge success. In 2003, she shared a kiss with Madonna at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards that raised eyebrows in the entertainment industry and fan magazines.
Spears' fifth album Blackout was released in 2007.
In November 2017, her first watercolor painting sold for $10,000 in Las Vegas.
Spears has one Grammy, three MTV Video Music Awards, and her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She has had five #1 songs: "...Baby One More Time", "Womanizer", "3", "Hold It Against Me" and "S&M (remix)"
Spears has made nine studio albums:
- "Britney Spears Biography". People. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- Spears & Craker 2008, p. 4 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFSpearsCraker2008 (help)
- Spears & Craker 2008, p. 211 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFSpearsCraker2008 (help)
- Betancourt, Bianca (August 12, 2021). "Britney Spears's Father Officially Steps Down from Her Conservatorship". Harper's BAZAAR. Retrieved August 15, 2021.
- Carras, Christi (June 25, 2021). "Britney Spears says conservatorship won't let her remove her IUD. Is that even legal?". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 15, 2021.
- Day, Nate (June 23, 2021). "What to know about Jamie Spears, Britney Spears' dad who star ripped during conservatorship testimony". Fox News. Retrieved August 15, 2021.
- Tsioulcas, Anastasia (July 27, 2021). "Britney Spears' Lawyer Files To Have Her Father Removed From Controlling Her Finances". NPR.org. Retrieved August 15, 2021.
- Tsioulcas, Anastasia (August 12, 2021). "Jamie Spears Agrees To Step Down From Britney Spears Conservatorship". NPR.org. Retrieved August 15, 2021.
- Britney Spears' ADHD
- "Britney Spears and Sam Asghari: A Complete Relationship Timeline". www.yahoo.com. Archived from the original on April 11, 2022. Retrieved April 11, 2022.
- "Britney Spears Announces That She Is Pregnant With Sam Asghari's Baby!". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved April 11, 2022.
- "Britney Spears (@britneyspears) on Instagram • Instagram photos and videos". Instagram. May 14, 2022. Retrieved May 15, 2022.
- Dolan, Leah (June 10, 2022). "Britney Spears wears elegant Versace gown to wed Sam Asghari". CNN. Retrieved June 10, 2022.
- "Britney Spears and Husband Sam Asghari Separate After 14 Months of Marriage". People. Retrieved September 18, 2023.
- "Britney Spears". A&E. Retrieved September 18, 2013.