Hawa Abdallah Mohammed Salih
Hawa moved to Abu Shouk internally displaced persons camp for refugees. She worked with the United Nations and with the American NGO International Rescue Committee (IRC). She helped complain about bad conditions in the camp, so people would be aware. Hawa went to jail three times because of her work. The National Security police kidnapped her twice.
- "2012 International Women of Courage Award Winners". state.gov.
- "Darfuri activist awarded in Washington". Radio Dabanga.
- "Darfur Activist Hawa Abdallah Mohammed Salih visits Minnesota". Twin Cities Daily Planet. 17 March 2012.
- "Pittsburgh salutes Hawa Salih, heroine of Darfur". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- "Darfur refugee, advocate speaks out, shares story". Winston-Salem Journal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hawa Abdallah Mohammed Salih.|